Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I am a little bit confused by the line "When you smile or laugh you glow". This line alone is why I first interpreted this song to be written about love. "Glow" is often used to describe somebody who is happy because they are in love or sometimes pregnant, but the writer is a boy so that can be ruled out. However, he could be looking back on how supportive his family members have been throughout his illness. Illness can be hard on families so maybe he appreciates them staying upbeat throughout the process.

Another line that caught my attention was "so i'll wait til kingdom come". I think he is referring to heaven. With some research I found out that the writer is Christian, so heaven is the place most christian want to end up. But that line almost seems as if the writer would rather die and go to heaven then have this illness, like it is really that bad that he would rather die. The line just seems kind of morbid.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Since the audience of this band is mostly younger girls, I'm going to guess that they're not going to want to come out and say what they really want to. When writing their songs I'm sure they keep in mind that audience. Which may cause confusion among you because you interpret it differently.

The song might generally be about this illness, but they might not want to come off so strong about it.

I don't know, while reading your lyrics I was still confused about the song also.

Wiedbrauk said...

alternative of "wait to kingdom come" is just "i'll wait forever"