Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Analysis of entire song.

I think that the entire song, A Little Bit Longer, by the Jonas brothers is about love.
For example in the first four lines of the song it says,"got the news today, doctor said I have to stay, a little bit longer, and i'll be fine". I think the news is that his girlfriend broke up with him and that the doctor mentioned may be a love doctor that said he will be okay in time. The next few lines are ,"when i thought i'd all been done, when I thought it'd all been said, a little bit longer, and i'll be fine". I think that means the fighting and lies between him and his now ex-girlfriend is now finished and even though it hurts now it won't hurt forever. In the next few lines it says," but you don't know what you got till its gone", indicating that the boy thinks that the girl doesn't know what she is giving up. "And you don't know what its like to feel so low, everytime you smile or laugh you glow, you don't even know", maybe he means that he feels so sad and when he sees her smile or laugh it hurts because he still loves her and she doesn't know how much pain she has caused him. I think that the lines "all this time goes by, still no reason why" means that he doesn't understand why they aren't together even after all this time has passed, he is confused. Also the lines "waitin' on a cure but none of them are sure" refers back to the doctor love doctor reference.

4 comments:

Ian.k said...

Your interpretation is interesting, but I was getting a feeling that the song was about seizing the day as I read the lyrics. "But you don't know what you got till its gone" made me think that the the narrator was sitting in the hospital with something seriously wrong with him. I pictured him sitting there thinking about all he had, then I read, "And you don't know what it's like to feel so low" which I took to mean that he was trying to express that he knows how bad losing everything feels. But the part that made me think that the song is about trying to make the best of things was the next line, "And everytime you smile you laugh you glow
You don't even know, know, know." I took this to be the narrator trying to express how even though he lost so much and is still in the hospital, he still finds a way to be happy, and the reason he has found to be able to do that, we don't even know because we "don't know what we go till its gone."

Megzy said...

I don't completely understand the song; I don't think they give you a thick insight of what the song is about. I believe your stance is agreeable. When the lyrics say: a little bit longer, and i'll be fine, makes me think someone is in the hospitol and he is waiting to go see them? later they pass away?

Wiedbrauk said...

I understand your interpretation ... but ian.k and megzy pose interesting alternatives/counter arguments that would be worth developing -- even if you only do so in order to prove that they're not the strongest interpretation.

Marisa D. said...

I see where you are coming from with love because when i first heard this song that is the first thing i heard of too.
But do you think this could be about being sick too? or just about heartbreak?